An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Calls for inquiry after inquest into solider's death in 'friendly fire'
- Hundreds line streets of Brighton in defence of the NHS
- Work about to begin on a £21m makeover of venues
- Pressure groups unify against a hard Brexit
- Palmeira Square drugs exchange like ‘a bad James Bond’ scene