An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Wanted man arrested by police when spotted driving through Brighton
- The ‘luxury’ future of our Brighton mainline
- Teenage girl killed in car crash; three others seriously injured
- Two Sussex residents unaccounted for after devastating earthquake in Nepal
- For sale: One of the first bungalows built in England and it could be yours for £985,000