An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Live blog: Council to decide on £100m Circus Street development
- Company fined after customer spots rat in chicken shop
- March For England cancel Brighton event
- Paedophile jailed for sexually assaulting boy
- Pitches are ‘too risky’ for rugby matches