An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Warning: ‘beware of snakes’ as second dog killed in attack
- Paddle down to enjoy a watersports weekend
- Mother's plea for more bone marrow donors
- First free school is outstanding, say inspectors
- Magistrates’ court is demolished as hopes to save it fail