An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATED: Man arrested on attempted murder charge after woman stabbed multiple times in Brighton
- Manhunt launched after teenager stabbed multiple times manages to escape her attacker on a nearby bus
- Three men and three boys face court on child sexual exploitation charges
- Spate of dog deaths after owners walked their animals in city parks
- Vulnerable Brighton schoolgirl forced into prostitution after running away from home