An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Mother of mentally ill road murder accused says he was failed by health experts
- Armed officers raid flat following two hour stand off
- Government 'must make up its mind' on airport expansion
- 'Expect delays for rest of week', train passengers warned
- Society criticises demolition of "Brighton's best post-war building"