An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- VIDEO: Kitten killer walks free in spite of guilty verdict
- Southern Railway users least satisfied with punctuality among UK passengers
- Police car crashes on way to 999 call out
- Motorcyclist in hospital after A27 crash
- Europeans fret over post-Brexit future