An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Victory as new owners agree to put back ‘Palace’ to pier name
- Moving tributes to the heroes of battle
- Victims of hate crime speak out after Brexit
- Council make last minute bid for seafront arches cash
- Dementia sufferer found to have sexually touched young girl 25 years ago in rare trial of the facts