An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Retail giant creates 100 jobs
- Chancellor announces major theatre boost on Brighton stage
- Nearly 2,000 bottles of wine stolen from Shoreham shop
- Green councillor changes mind on boycott of Israeli good and services
- ‘Blinding’ lights disturb families