An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Knifeman flees empty-handed after attempting to rob Sainsbury's store
- Brighton Museum closed after fire caused by arsonists
- Convicted murderer released on licence goes on to shoot his neighbour
- Fossil-hunter's find on beach identified as preserved dinosaur brain
- Children lucky not to be injured as car set alight in suspected arson attack