An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man arrested after four and a half hour rooftop stand off with police
- Man killed by train near Shoreham station named
- Parents face £70 school run parking fines
- VIDEO: Watch out for the giant jellyfish causing stir on the beaches
- Young bikers killed in crash with Range Rover are named