An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Four men jailed for arranging prostitution of Brighton 16-year-old
- Bus company to review policy of allowing passengers to board its vehicles with hot food following passenger's 20 minute stand off with driver
- Disabled man fighting for life after street attack
- Boy left "shaken" after stranger grabs him in Tesco while he looked at Easter eggs
- Police pull over man with nine people squeezed into his Toyota Corolla