An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Plans for 15 storey seafront tower approved
- Ten vehicles stolen in burglaries on ten homes in Sussex
- GPs under pressure as seventh practice closes
- Downland sites get a second 11th hour reprieve
- Shoplifting suspect runs along railway tracks before being arrested at station