An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Widow brands fake paramedic 'the devil incarnate'
- Fire engine cut ‘will risk lives’
- Pair die after car crashes with pick-up
- Woman flips car but walks away with just cuts and bruises
- Predator who raped a man and a woman on the same night jailed for 20 years