An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Southern Railway owners lose High Court bid to avert strike action
- Tributes paid to teenage riding star killed in head-on car crash
- Peter Kyle and Caroline Lucas among the few MPs to vote against Brexit motion
- Husband and wife robbed at knifepoint in their home
- Rag 'n' Bone man named winner of Brits' critics' choice award