An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Father of Brighton jihadi brothers who fled to fight in Syria has 'gone to save last surviving son'
- Person falls from high wall near Palace Pier and another rescued from water near Marina
- Archive of Brighton Rock film legend to go under the hammer
- Man rescued by beach after becoming trapped by rising tide
- Schools face £15m black hole in funding