An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Police precept increases but federation warns tough decisions will be made over which crimes will be investigated
- Fire crews respond to two house fire incidents within five miles and fifteen minutes of each other
- Neneh Cherry plays intimate gig in Brighton pub
- "Losing a leg is easier than marrying a Beatle" says Heather Mills
- Man who fell asleep while cooking his dinner is led to safety by firefighters