An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man's body recovered from Brighton beach near the i360
- Twenty six hours and counting - police locked in stand off with suspected gunman aged 72
- Father blames council over his sons’ deaths
- Agony for bride-to-be after freak accident involving remote-control car
- Young man found dead in house - police say circumstances are unexplained