An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Thousands raised in one day after death of Alex Maynard from Brighton
- Parents ‘horrified’ by rape of 14-year-old girl in Ovingdean nature reserve
- Bonfire society to charge an admission fee for the first time to Lewes biggest fireworks night event
- UPDATED: Man in hospital with life threatening head injuries after being hit by lorry on A259
- Saltdean jihadi is "willing to die" to warn-torn Syria