An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Miller: This is about denting the landslide
- UPDATE: Brighton city centre road closed over gun fears
- Gatwick passengers fly without luggage due to baggage system fault
- Grand? It was incredible in every way
- A27 reopens around Lewes after major fire