An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Drugged thug jailed for ten years for attack which left victim thinking he was going to die
- Dead body found at bottom of cliff after missing person alert
- Hunt launched to find man accused of stabbing on Brighton seafront
- Teenager taken to hospital after being repeatedly kicked in the head by yobs
- Re-submission of Albion hotel plans on hold after radiotherapy centre setback