An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- It's full steam ahead for Albion's £170 million game
- RAF station commander leads tributes to pilots killed in light aircraft crash
- Surf instructor who died aged 21 was "the best soul", friends say
- Man accused of murdering retired solicitor to go on trial
- Unions threaten "new era of industrial relations" after council reshuffle