An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- You've stolen my life: Brighton woman tells shocking story of online 'catfish' impersonator
- No more Punch and Judy show
- Eubank Junior aims to step out of the shadow of his world boxing champ father with victory tonight
- Driver uninjured after car crashes into lamppost
- Sea and river search launched