An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Southern Railway conductors announce plans for a FIVE day strike
- Most overcrowded train service runs out of Brighton station, new figures reveal
- Police officer charged with theft of force property
- Final suspect in mistaken-identity shooting found not guilty after retrial
- VIDEO: Man, 21, arrested after police pursuit ends up with car smashing into wall