An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Best-selling crime author Peter James gives his rundown on The Level
- Pupil, 15, arrested for possession of class A and B drugs on Hove secondary school grounds
- 'I've done nothing wrong' insists Hove man at centre of football scandal
- ‘I cannot believe murderer is on the run yet again’
- Get ready for new police drama The Level set in Brighton