An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Crew use thermal imaging camera to find man laying in burning Brighton flat
- Councillors approve £540 million development plans to reinvigorate Brighton seafront
- NHS releases staff Christmas party guidelines to avoid disciplinary, dismissal or a discrimination claims
- Pair of teenagers missing for two days
- MP calls for council boss to intervene on bus cuts decision