An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Students left in tears after being forced to abandon exams due to bomb hoax
- Hove MP implores youth vote to help decide the EU referendum for Remain
- Arundel bypass route through Binsted would be 'death' of village, say campaigners
- The Argus Santa Bus brings in a record of close to £30,000 for charity
- Ridgeview wines from Sussex are the tipple of choice for No 10