An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man tries to lure boy, 12, into car
- Warning after thieves try to steal pet dog
- Fear park could become playing field for academy
- Fire-ravaged pier put on 'at risk' register of threatened buildings
- Ukip candidate attacked at party stall