An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Body found on beach not being treated as suspicious
- Two taken to hospital following crash on A27
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over
- Public park is occupied by travellers
- Bingo ejects Tourette’s sufferer over Savile shout