An MP has launched a petition calling for a thorough review of the cost-effectiveness of the country’s current drug laws.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas is calling on the Government to commission an assessment of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 within the next 12 months to provide evidence for Parliament to pursue a more effective drugs policy in the future.
To add your name visit submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/45969.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- ‘He was football mad and life of the party’
- Man, 52, held on suspicion of rape
- Rag ’n’ Bone Man is dressed to thrill
- Pet dogs are killed in cottage kitchen blaze
- Residents ‘kept in the dark’ over hostel plans for their road