A teenager was attacked and robbed of his mobile phone as he was walking home.
The incident happened at 3.30am this morning (Tuesday February 19) as the 19-year old man was walking up Ditchling Road in Brighton by The Level.
He had reached the junction with Union Street when he was attacked by two men who punched him and took his Apple iPhone 4. The victim went home having suffered facial bruising.
The suspects are both described as being in their late teens, one was about 5'11" and the other was slightly shorter.
Detective Sergeant Emily Hoare said; "If you were in the area of Ditchling Road and The Level around 3 to 3.30am on Tuesday morning and saw any suspicious activity, please contact us via 101 quoting serial 0100 of 18/2.
You can also call independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111."
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Bexhill sees 825 people do the Charleston at the same time - but it isn't quite a world record
- Nearly 200 fans expected for exhibition of never-before-seen photographs of David Bowie on tour
- Missing Melissa Everest 'coming home' after fears she was in Tunisia with estranged husband against her will
- Homeless figures more than double in four years
- Zoo play supervisor is preparing for the trip of a lifetime to raise money for a breast cancer charity.