A gang armed with baseball bats broke into a home and attacked a couple.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the break-in at a property in Granary Way, Horsham in the early hours of this morning.
A 31-year-old woman and a 27-year-old man received minor injuries when four men, all wearing balaclavas, forced their way into the property armed with baseball bats at around 2.20am today (February 19).
Detective Sergeant Glenn Willcocks from West Sussex CID said: "We believe that this may have been a targeted attack and fortunately the victims were not seriously injured.
"The suspects arrived in two cars - one thought to be a dark coloured Peugeot and the other a Ford Focus. I would appeal to anyone who saw the cars and heard or saw any suspicious activity to please get in touch.
"You can call 101 quoting serial 81 of 19/2 or leave an anonymous message with the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111."
Nothing was stolen from the property and neither victim required hospital treatment.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Tarot reader tells how she revealed murder in her cards and killer confessed
- Naked bike ride picture REMOVED from station's gallery after complaint
- 10,000 people sign petition demanding railway franchise review
- Eastbourne shuns Blue Flag beach scheme due to 'enormous cost'
- The Argus EU debate to host EU debate