Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Lancing seafront plans gain support
6:40pm Tuesday 19th February 2013 in News
Public support is building for plans to convert a mothballed seafront complex into a water sports centre and café.
Sussex-based Strenson Investments says it has had more than 1,000 likes on Facebook and 25 letters of support its proposal to develop the former Mermaid Café site in Brighton Road, Lancing.
The father and son company says the new development would create 32 full-time and part-time jobs and so far, more than 200 people have put their names forward for roles.
A decision on the makeover of the long-term derelict site is to be made at a planning committee meeting on March 4.
Developer Alexander Hole said he was “hugely humbled” by the response of local people and thanked everyone for their response.
For more information visit www.lancingbeach.com.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Musician pleads for laptop stolen at Brighton gig
- Eastbourne lifeboat crew rush out of funeral for sea rescue
- Man dies in Hove street shooting
- Brighton tool shop owner kicks out Tourette's man from store
- Body of young woman found in Westbourne house fire