Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Plea to help save rescued dog
7:20pm Tuesday 19th February 2013 in News
Funds are needed to help a dog who is close to having her leg amputated.
Stray rescue dog Bonnie was found wandering the streets of Eastbourne at 4am on January 5.
She was frozen, filthy and underweight and her condition was so bad, vets feared she wouldn’t survive 24 hours.
Having since recovered, vets have now discovered that the four-year-old has severe ligament damage in her back leg, which will need to be amputated.
Waifs and Strays, a stray dog rescue charity, needs to raise £600 for Bonnie’s surgery and has so far received donations of £400.
If you would like to contribute towards Bonnie’s surgery fund, visit the Waifs and Strays Auction Page on Facebook or call Amy on 07834 215868.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Political coup to oust Brighton and Hove council leader fails
- Open day at well-being centre in Hove
- Sussex Boat owners urged to carry out safety checks
- Sussex mum of eight guilty of £350,000 benefit fraud
- Plans for rooftop gardens in Brighton and Hove