Motorists have been stuck in a mammoth traffic jam - caused by dangerous potholes.
People have reported being stuck on the A259 South Coast Road for hours.
Peacehaven, Seaford and Newhaven are worst affected, with jams spreading as far back as Brighton.
An East Sussex County Council spokesman said: “We have been carrying out urgent works today on the A259 to fix dangerous potholes. We've seen a big increase in potholes following the severe weather that hit the county over Christmas and the New Year.
"We are sending out extra work gangs to fix the worst holes and have a programme of resurfacing works to improve roads across the county. We understand that roadworks can be frustrating for motorists but hope people will bear with us whilst this essential work is being carried out.”
Have you been affected? Call Anna Roberts on 01273 544 539 or email email@example.com
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Three masked men burst into student house, threaten them and steal their laptops, phones and money
- UPDATE: Squat stabbings - suspects released on bail
- West Pier revival is back on the agenda
- Builder still in critical condition after 20 ft fall from Stanmer Park building site
- 01273 customers ready for the dialling code shake-up