Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Annual pancake race is flipping late...
8:00pm Wednesday 20th February 2013 in News
Buy this photo » Pancake racers
Scores of contestants took to the streets for a traditional Pancake Day race – a week after the day itself.
The annual event in Horsham town centre was delayed by organisers so it could take place during the half term holiday to allow more children to enjoy the spectacle.
The event, organised by the Rotary Club of Horsham in partnership with Horsham District Council, has been growing in popularity since it was first held four years ago.
People representing local businesses and other organisations competed for various prizes while helping to raise money for charity. They were cheered on by TV presenter Dave Benson Phillips.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Kemp Town school founder commemorated with blue plaque
- Flasher in Chichester wanted by police
- Albion players cleared of sexually assaulting a 19-year-old woman
- Your say: Are the Greens fit to run Brighton and Hove City Council?
- Brighton and Hove council boss apologises for rubbish problems