Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Good wood for Brighton and Hove
7:00am Thursday 21st February 2013 in News
Town hall bosses have signed a pledge to set the highest standard when buying wood.
By backing the WWF What Wood You Choose? campaign, Brighton and Hove City Council will ensure that all timber products it buys, from doors to paper, do not come from illegal sources.
The local authority was recently one of only 16 of 443 councils to get the highest score on a national survey about timber procurement policies.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Political coup to oust Brighton and Hove council leader fails
- Open day at well-being centre in Hove
- Sussex Boat owners urged to carry out safety checks
- Sussex mum of eight guilty of £350,000 benefit fraud
- Plans for rooftop gardens in Brighton and Hove