Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Dumped husband destroys glasses at Lewes hotel
9:20am Friday 22nd February 2013 in News
A dumped husband smashed the glasses in the hotel where his wife worked.
Andy Burridge, 48, visited his wife at the White Hart Hotel in Lewes on February 2 this year, Brighton Magistrates’ Court was told.
Theresa Mulrooney, prosecuting, said Burridge, the foreman of a Surrey firm, went in the kitchen and began smashing glasses after she told him she was leaving him.
Burridge, previously of Court Road, Lewes, but now living in a hotel in the town, admitted criminal damage.
He received a conditional discharge and was ordered to pay £85 costs, £10 compensation and a £15 victim surcharge, as well as being given a six-month restraining order banning him from visiting Court Road.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Author Peter James 'lucky to be alive' following 70mph racing crash
- Hove murder: wanted man phones The Argus
- Shoreham Rugby Club holding charity barbecue and fun day
- Police investigate spate of car crime across Sussex
- Sussex Police get Chinese book of sayings as thank you gift