Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Travel hell as ticket machines fail at Brighton Station
11:10am Friday 22nd February 2013 in News
Frustrated rail passengers missed their trains after ticket machines broke down.
Commuters queued for up to 45 minutes at Brighton Station on Wednesday, February 20 and yesterday morning (February 21) after three machines stopped working.
One passenger said: “I saw lots of people missing their trains because they couldn’t get their prepaid tickets.
“When you pay so much to travel it’s really frustrating to be let down like this.”
A spokesman for Southern Rail apologised for the disruption and said passengers would now be able to travel if they had their ticket reference number.”
He said: “We are working to resolve faults with these three ticket machines at Brighton Station as quickly as possible.
“In the meantime we have additional staff on the station concourse helping passengers and selling tickets and passengers can also buy tickets from the ticket office.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Greater Brighton "City Deal" signed, promising £170m boost for local digital businesses
- Boy, five, airlifted to hospital after being knocked over by horse
- Agatha Christie whodunnit gremlins leave Eastbourne audience in the dark
- Meet Your Argus - in the pub
- Police investigating report woman, 19, was raped in Crawley churchyard
Comments are closed on this article.