Two guinea pigs have been dumped on a Brighton night bus.
The pets – names “Steve” and “Bob” by Brighton and Hove Bus and Coach Company staff – were left on the number 7 bus on Wednesday night (February 20).
The ginger and white pets were found in a broken cat cage when the bus went back to the Conway Street bus depot in Hove. No one has reported losing them.
Cheryl Wood, from the RSPCA in Patcham, said the two male rough-coated guinea pigs were in poor condition and were very hungry. She added: “We urge people to think about the implications before homing a pet.”
The bus company donated four week saver tickets to the value of £80 to the RSPCA in gratitude for the charity workers’s help.
Phone the RSPCA at Patcham on 01273 554218.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Four men arrested over armed raid
- More than 100 cannabis plants found
- Albion fan is banned after celebrating goal on pitch
- Cash boost will finance ‘exciting’ new schemes
- Sixth form college needs more room for science students