Two guinea pigs have been dumped on a Brighton night bus.
The pets – names “Steve” and “Bob” by Brighton and Hove Bus and Coach Company staff – were left on the number 7 bus on Wednesday night (February 20).
The ginger and white pets were found in a broken cat cage when the bus went back to the Conway Street bus depot in Hove. No one has reported losing them.
Cheryl Wood, from the RSPCA in Patcham, said the two male rough-coated guinea pigs were in poor condition and were very hungry. She added: “We urge people to think about the implications before homing a pet.”
The bus company donated four week saver tickets to the value of £80 to the RSPCA in gratitude for the charity workers’s help.
Phone the RSPCA at Patcham on 01273 554218.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Widow brands fake paramedic 'the devil incarnate'
- Fire engine cut ‘will risk lives’
- Pair die after car crashes with pick-up
- Woman flips car but walks away with just cuts and bruises
- Predator who raped a man and a woman on the same night jailed for 20 years