Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Two Sussex council leaders in running for national award
4:30pm Monday 25th February 2013 in News
Two council leaders will find out today if they have scooped a top award.
The Local Government Information Unit (LGIU), which organises the awards, said they had been nominated by the public and shortlisted from a record number of nominees.
A panel of judges will decide the winner on the basis of commitment to the role, a vision for their community, successful leadership, good community relations, accountability and the ability to unite supporters.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Cyclists flout pavement ban just days after police crackdown on Brighton seafront
- Brighton and Hove City Council urged to let blue badge holders park for free
- Chichester speeders targeted in Sussex Police operation
- Union announces further strike action after negotiation talks crumble
- Looking back: Budgie not just a pretty boy then!