Two council leaders will find out today if they have scooped a top award.
The Local Government Information Unit (LGIU), which organises the awards, said they had been nominated by the public and shortlisted from a record number of nominees.
A panel of judges will decide the winner on the basis of commitment to the role, a vision for their community, successful leadership, good community relations, accountability and the ability to unite supporters.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Retail giant creates 100 jobs
- Green councillor changes mind on boycott of Israeli good and services
- Teen arrested over pensioner attack
- Publisher denies creditors’ claims
- ‘Blinding’ lights disturb families