A pensioner died after falling from his bicycle and banging his head.
Just before 8.25am on Sunday February 24, 76-year old David Olliffe, of Blackcap Close, Crawley, was found by a passer-by, lying in the road by his cycle in Hindhead Close, Crawley.
He was taken by air ambulance to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton with a serious head injury but died there later the same morning.
The death is not being treated as suspicious and a postmortem will take place this week.
A Sussex Police spokesman said; "There is no evidence to show that any other vehicle or person was involved but it is not clear exactly how long Mr Olliffe had been lying there, though we believe he had not been there very long.
"Anyone who saw what happened is asked to call us on 101 quoting Operation Bankshill, or email email@example.com."
- Taxi companies set to fight for your custom as Uber launches in Brighton and Hove
- Government minister misled Parliament over patients transport ambulance scandal
- MasterChef winner to open his first restaurant in the city
- £47 million A27 improvement will save drivers less than 15 seconds
- Gang "mercilessly" attacked man leaving him severely brain damaged jailed