A pensioner died after falling from his bicycle and banging his head.
Just before 8.25am on Sunday February 24, 76-year old David Olliffe, of Blackcap Close, Crawley, was found by a passer-by, lying in the road by his cycle in Hindhead Close, Crawley.
He was taken by air ambulance to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton with a serious head injury but died there later the same morning.
The death is not being treated as suspicious and a postmortem will take place this week.
A Sussex Police spokesman said; "There is no evidence to show that any other vehicle or person was involved but it is not clear exactly how long Mr Olliffe had been lying there, though we believe he had not been there very long.
"Anyone who saw what happened is asked to call us on 101 quoting Operation Bankshill, or email firstname.lastname@example.org."
- 40 vehicles stopped in crackdown along the A27 and A26
- Decison day for £1bn new neighbourhood
- Celebrity backing for 94-year-old theft victim
- Time to raise our game to match North and Midlands
- Top city councillor to stand down as leader of the Conservatives