A pensioner died after falling from his bicycle and banging his head.
Just before 8.25am on Sunday February 24, 76-year old David Olliffe, of Blackcap Close, Crawley, was found by a passer-by, lying in the road by his cycle in Hindhead Close, Crawley.
He was taken by air ambulance to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton with a serious head injury but died there later the same morning.
The death is not being treated as suspicious and a postmortem will take place this week.
A Sussex Police spokesman said; "There is no evidence to show that any other vehicle or person was involved but it is not clear exactly how long Mr Olliffe had been lying there, though we believe he had not been there very long.
"Anyone who saw what happened is asked to call us on 101 quoting Operation Bankshill, or email firstname.lastname@example.org."
- Mother disowns woman who was feared missing in Tunisia
- VIDEO: Fire on railway tracks delays commuters
- GPs raise fears on homeless deaths
- Insurers set to expand Hove staff by 500 in next four years
- 'Jealous' man guilty of murdering his ex-partner by stabbing her 23 times