Two men have been arrested following a street robbery in the early hours of this morning (February 26).
Police were called after reports a 29-year old was attacked from behind in Charlotte Street, Brighton, at 3.15am.
He was robbed of his wallet and mobile phone.
Police searched the area and arrested two men just ten minutes later.
A wallet and mobile phone were recovered.
The pair are currently in custody for interviews and further enquiries.
The victim was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital to be treated for head injuries but is expected to be discharged later today.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Council housing chief in £18 million police fraud investigation is sacked from £82,000-a-year post
- Decision on roll out of 20mph speed limits deferred after report criticized as "not clear"
- Man arrested on suspicion of affray following five hour police siege in Burgess Hill
- Men jailed for racist and homophobic attacks
- Fraudsters posing as police wanted over series of scams on pensioners