Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Late roadworks cause car chaos between Newhaven and Seaford
2:30pm Tuesday 26th February 2013 in News
Rush hour traffic ground to a near-standstill when roadworks to repair potholes overran.
Crews from East Sussex County Council were scheduled to finish repairing the A259 between Newhaven and Seaford at 4.30pm yesterday (February 25).
But the road was still partially blocked more than two hours later, leaving drivers facing long delays to get home from work.
Journeys that would usually take a few minutes took more than an hour as motorists sat frustrated in long queues.
On Twitter, Sarah McAdam said: “It’s been nearly an hour from Piddinghoe to Newhaven, not even reached Newhaven yet. Nightmare.”
A spokeswoman for East Sussex County Council said the work should be finished today (February 26).
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- A quarter of births in Sussex hospitals are Caesareans
- UPDATE: nearly 100 flights delayed at Gatwick after Nats fault
- Farage pilot found dead at home in Eastbourne
- Gatwick Airport delays after control centre fault
- Chaos and damage as river bursts its banks
Comments are closed on this article.