Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Downs View School seeks Brighton Marathon runners
3:50pm Tuesday 26th February 2013 in News
A special school is appealing to runners to take part in the Brighton Marathon on its behalf.
The Friends of Downs View School in Brighton have five charity places left for this year’s event on April 14.
The school teaches and supports children from four to 19 with severe learning difficulties, autism, hearing and sight problems and life-challenging and life-threatening conditions.
All money raised for the Friends at this year’s marathon will go towards the redesign and refurbishment of the soft play room at the school and a new bike shed and music system for the gym at the school’s link college.
Runners pay a £40 registration fee and are asked to raise £400 in sponsorship.
Anyone interested should call Sandy Austen on 01273 601680 or email sandy.austen@ downsview.brighton-hove.sch.uk.
The deadline for registration is Friday, March 1, so people are urged to get in contact as soon as possible.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Body of young woman found in Westbourne house fire
- Albion admit investigation launched into Palace dressing room incident
- Top comics back late Brighton playwright's theatre dream
- 200-year-old skeleton found by boy on West Wittering beach laid to rest
- Hove TV presenter's plea for daughter's missing degree work