Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Passenger dragged from taxi and attacked
9:27am Wednesday 27th February 2013 in News
A man was beaten up after getting into a taxi with a group of strangers.
The 28-year-old man from Newhaven was attacked by four other passengers in the early hours of Sunday 24 February.
Sometime between 3am and 4am the victim got into a Brighton and Hove taxi that was parked up at the taxi rank on West Street, outside the Odeon Cinema.
There were already four men inside the taxi which then drove along the coast road and stopped just before the Smugglers Rest pub on the A259 in Peacehaven.
It is alleged that the victim was then dragged from the taxi and assaulted by the four other passengers.
PC Carlie Franks from Lewes Neighbourhood Response Team said: "The victim received cuts and bruises but did not want to go to hospital for treatment.
"We are keen to speak to the taxi driver and any witnesses who may have driven past and witnessed the incident. You can call 101 quoting serial 0296 of 24/02 or leave an anonymous message with the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111."
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Bin backlog in Brighton and Hove 'like living in Victorian era'
- Teens sick of 'uncool' clothes design their own T-shirts - now A-list love them
- Two taken to hospital after wall collapses in Eastbourne
- Paedophile teacher told police he was looking at them for 'research'
- Jury ask for more evidence at Albion players sex trial