Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Arts chiefs out to launch Brighton Fringe programme
10:10am Wednesday 27th February 2013 in News
The city’s arts dignitaries were out in force last night for the Brighton Fringe programme launch party.
The May event, which will run for four weeks for the first time, will see almost 700 plus events across 178 venues.
Event chairman Heather James and Brighton and Hove mayor Bill Randall gave speeches at The Loft in Ship Street.
A selection of performers were also on hand to offer a preview of what to expect in May.
The full listings will be available on the event’s website from today (February 27).
Friends of the Fringe will get priority booking for a week before tickets go on sale to the general public on March 6.
For more details visit www.brightonfringe.org.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Victim "fabricated" sex assault story - day eleven of Albion players' trial
- Dad-of-two was visiting brother and nephew when he was gunned down in Hove
- UPDATE: A27 closed in both directions near Worthing after serious accident
- Sussex artists put their skills on show
- Sussex's sewage will become drinking water under new plans