The Brighton Fringe boss has launched this year’s event in style - by dressing up as Kate Bush.
Julian Caddy, who acted as Daniel Craig’s body double in Casino Royale, was transformed into the eighties singer by Fringe performers the Shambush group.
Appearing on stage at The Loft, in Ship Street, the event boss dressed up in loose pink clothing, donned a flowing brown wig and was handed a microphone.
After signing a few notes, we welcomed the audience to the 2013 launch before taking a swipe at their rivals, the Brighton Festival. “You wouldn’t see Andrew Comben doing that.”
The Fringe runs from May 4 to June 2. Tickets are available from March 8.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Crowds enjoy Foodies Festival on Hove Lawns
- Residents complaints fall on deaf ears as scaffolding remains up for months
- New signs will keep bus passengers in the loop
- Cycling to and from work’s great for health
- Objections as post office seeks alcohol licence