Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
VIDEO: Brighton Fringe boss launches event by dressing as Kate Bush
12:03pm Thursday 28th February 2013 in News
The Brighton Fringe boss has launched this year’s event in style - by dressing up as Kate Bush.
Julian Caddy, who acted as Daniel Craig’s body double in Casino Royale, was transformed into the eighties singer by Fringe performers the Shambush group.
Appearing on stage at The Loft, in Ship Street, the event boss dressed up in loose pink clothing, donned a flowing brown wig and was handed a microphone.
After signing a few notes, we welcomed the audience to the 2013 launch before taking a swipe at their rivals, the Brighton Festival. “You wouldn’t see Andrew Comben doing that.”
The Fringe runs from May 4 to June 2. Tickets are available from March 8.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Union announces further strike action after negotiation talks crumble
- Looking back: Budgie not just a pretty boy then!
- Union’s anger at frontline care plans in West Sussex
- Huge shingle moving operation to improve coastal defence in Shoreham and Lancing
- Sussex anti-frackers in tea party protest