Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Housekeeper appears in court where she admits biting off women's ear
A housekeeper has admitted biting off another woman’s ear in a street attack.
Danielle Slater appeared at Hove Crown Court today where she admitted grevious bodily harm with intent.
The attack took place in High Street, Newhaven, in mid May this year, the court was told.
At the time of the offence The Argus reported that police raced to the scene and found a pool of blood and part of the woman’s ear outside a bookmakers.
Afterwards the woman, aged in her 40s and local to Newhaven, was attacked she staggered to a near-by pub.
Shocked drinkers watched her walk in and tell staff what had happened. The landlord of The Ship in High Street, Newhaven, said: “She was in a great deal of pain and was very, very shocked.
“I don’t know what the motive was for the attack but she was in pain. “The area was completely cordoned off.” The landlord, named only as Glen, called the emergency services and paramedics arrived.
Slater, 33, of Gibbon Road, Newhaven, was released on bail.
She is due to be sentenced on April 5.
- Albion players cleared of sexually assaulting a 19-year-old woman
- Your say: Are the Greens fit to run Brighton and Hove City Council?
- Brighton and Hove council boss apologises for rubbish problems
- Designs for life - designs students create products for the future
- Still time to join the Ribbonwalk at Petworth House