Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Man dies after car crashes into ambulance in Roedean
A man has died and another is seriously injured after their car crashed into an ambulance which was responding to an emergency call.
The incident happened at 10:40pm last night (February 28) on Marine Drive near the Roedean pitch and putt golf course.
The 45-year-old driver of the Fiat Seicento died at the scene while his 43-year-old passenger was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital with serious injuries.
A member of the ambulance crew received slight injuries.
No patients were on board.
A spokesman for South East Coast Ambulance Service said: "We would like to offer our sincere condolences to the family and friends of the deceased and our thoughts to all those involved.
“We will continue to work closely with Sussex Police as they investigate the causes of the road traffic collision.”
Anyone who witnessed the crash should contact police on 101 quoting operation Denmark.
- Albion players cleared of sexually assaulting a 19-year-old woman
- Your say: Are the Greens fit to run Brighton and Hove City Council?
- Brighton and Hove council boss apologises for rubbish problems
- Designs for life - designs students create products for the future
- Still time to join the Ribbonwalk at Petworth House