Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton Level tree chopped down
10:50am Friday 1st March 2013 in News
It may have survived the Great Storm in the 1980s.
But this giant tree at The Level, Brighton, has had to be felled after high winds partly uprooted it.
Brighton and Hove City Council’s parks team said the incident happened at the start of February.
Workers cut it down at the start of the week.
A local authority spokesman denied it was anything to do with the £2.2 million scheme to revamp the popular park, off Ditchling Road, Brighton.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Victim "fabricated" sex assault story - day eleven of Albion players' trial
- Dad-of-two was visiting brother and nephew when he was gunned down in Hove
- UPDATE: A27 closed in both directions near Worthing after serious accident
- Sussex artists put their skills on show
- Sussex's sewage will become drinking water under new plans