Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Appeal after two houses are targeted by burglars in Crawley
8:10pm Friday 1st March 2013 in News
Would-be burglars targeted a house in Crawley yesterday (February 28).
The occupants of the property disturbed the intruders, who made off empty handed following the incident in The Birches at 4.20am yesterday.
Crawley Police said: “The occupants of the house were woken by a sound and when investigating saw two figures in their hallway.
“The occupants shouted to the intruders to ‘get out’ which they did.”
Police said the men were in their late teens or early 20s. Both were wearing hooded tops. One was grey and the other darker.
During the early hours of Friday, February 22, a home in Findon Road, Crawley, was also targeted.
The door was forced and two mobile phones, two iPods and a Galaxy tablet were stolen.
CCTV from the street shows two young men walking along the road at around 4.25am trying doors before forcing the one which is broken into.
Detective constable Andrew Robinson said: “It seems there are two men working together, as one man went into the house while the other one kept watch.
“The CCTV shows two men who are both of slim build.”
Witnesses to either offence should call 101.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Political coup to oust Brighton and Hove council leader fails
- Sussex mum of eight guilty of £350,000 benefit fraud
- Plans for rooftop gardens in Brighton and Hove
- Seven-year-old Jake becomes detective and helps reunite Brighton mum with precious snaps
- How's that for some change! Archaeologists discover 700-year-old coin in Lewes dig