Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Portas Project gives £10k
7:00pm Sunday 3rd March 2013 in News
Two seaside towns are drawing up plans for improvements to their high street after receiving Government funding.
Bognor Regis and Littlehampton were unsuccessful in their bids to the Government’s Portas Pilot Scheme but have received a £10,000 Portas Project starter fund instead.
Arun District Council and the University of Chichester are working with Bognor Regis Town Council and local businesses to find ways to improve retail facilities and public spaces.
The district council is working with traders and the town council to decide on how to best use the money, which could be added to by planning agreements with developers.
- Brighton and Hove braces itself for another week of bin strikes as rubbish piles up
- Cyclists flout pavement ban just days after police crackdown on Brighton seafront
- Brighton and Hove City Council urged to let blue badge holders park for free
- Number of A&E patients in Sussex is rising
- Children in Brighton get new toys thanks to The Argus Appeal