Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
East Grinstead priest takes on new role for women in the church
10:40am Tuesday 5th March 2013 in News
A priest has been appointed to a newly created role to oversee the representation of women in the Church of England.
Canon Julia Peaty, from East Grinstead, was installed as Dean of Women’s Ministry at a Chichester Cathedral service by Bishop Martin.
Her new role will mean that she will be able to attend Bishop of Chichester Dr Martin Wagner’s staff meetings and will be able to sit on the Bishop’s Council.
Canon Julia was ordained in 1999 and was made a deacon in 2000.
She is currently curate at St Swithun’s, East Grinstead, and has been Rural Dean of East Grinstead since May 2010.
- David Cameron rejects Caroline Lucas' Page 3 ban call
- Looking Back: Littlehampton fishermen's fight for livelihoods
- New report reveals Brighton seafront is the city's most pressing concern
- Speakers to debate gay marriage proposal
- Jeremy Forrest's 'caring nature' led to his troubles, his sister claims