Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Hastings and Bexhill bid for UK City of Culture title
Two East Sussex towns have come together to bid for the next UK City of Culture title.
Culture minister Ed Vaizey announced Hastings and Bexhill is one of 11 contenders for the 2017 crown.
The initial bids have to be in by the end of April when they will be examined by an independent advisory panel chaired by television producer Phil Redmond.
The panel will announce a shortlist in June.
Mr Vaizey said: "This is fantastic news and shows the appetite for the prestigious City of Culture title is in healthy supply right across the length and breadth of the country.
"The competition brings together communities and creates economic and social benefits and I am pleased to see so many local authorities and different partners coming together.
"I wish all 11 the best of luck."
- Sussex schoolboy wins dream trip to 'Antarctica'
- Top pop acts to headline new Brighton festival
- Busy night for Sussex's animal rescue teams
- Morrisons wants to move on to controversial Brighton site
- Thieves target Brighton community centre three nights in a row