Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Citizen arrest of suspected thief in Uckfield high street
12:50pm Friday 8th March 2013 in News
A suspected thief was detained by a member of the public in a busy shopping street.
Police were called to High Street in Uckfield at 10.33am today following a report of theft of money from a till at a hairdressers’ shop.
A Sussex Police spokesman said a 27-year-old man from Surrey, but of no fixed abode, was arrested on suspicion of theft.
He was taken to custody in Eastbourne and remained there this afternoon.
- Taxi fares in Brighton and Hove set to rise as cab drivers highlight spiralling costs
- Jeremy Forrest's father collapses in court while waiting for trial to restart
- Anger as vicar ‘clings' to London council seat despite moving to Brighton
- Jeremy Forrest trial: Teacher refuses to give evidence in court
- Living by sea in places like Brighton and Hove key to happiness