Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Driver of overturned skip on A27 charged by police
1:12pm Friday 8th March 2013 in News
The driver of a skip which overturned on the A27 near Arundel has been charged with dangerous driving.
The loaded Viridor waste lorry driven by Horace McDonald tipped on to its side at The Causeway, between Crossbush and Arundel at about 11am on on January 6.
It crushed an oncoming Citroen Saxo and closed the road for nearly nine hours.
The driver of the car escaped with minor injury, but a passing good samaritan had the roof of her Vauxhall saloon cut off by firefighters.
She gave sanctuary to two witnesses who were suffering neck pains, who then had to be cut out on the advice of paramedics.
McDonald, a 53-year-old of Shirley Close, Rustington, will appear on bail at Worthing Magistrates Court on March 22.
- Executive role scrapped in money-saving move at Sussex council
- Sussex schoolboy wins dream trip to 'Antarctica'
- Top pop acts to headline new Brighton festival
- Busy night for Sussex's animal rescue teams
- Morrisons wants to move on to controversial Brighton site