Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Katy's pledge for Sussex youth
7:00am Tuesday 12th March 2013 in News
Sussex's police and crime commissioner Katy Bourne has signed up to a youth charter.
It sets out good youth engagement for people in her role, as drawn up by young people.
She said: “By signing the Youth Charter I have pledged to consider young people’s views when making key decisions and including them in this process.
“My policies will have a major impact on young people – whether that’s through their experience of the police or how safe they feel in their community.
“Young people are the age group more likely to be victims of crime and to become involved in criminal activity.
“I am committed to engaging effectively with young people and to reducing the number of young people committing crime.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Free health check offered for Crawley residents
- Ex-Albion player due in court on anti-gay charges
- Author Peter James 'lucky to be alive' following 70mph racing crash
- Hove murder: wanted man phones The Argus
- Shoreham Rugby Club holding charity barbecue and fun day