Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Pitch plans submitted for Brighton school
8:20am Tuesday 12th March 2013 in News
A city school has submitted plans for an all-weather football pitch.
Varndean School, Balfour Road, Brighton, lodged the planning application for the 3G pitch last month.
Council officials processed the proposals last week and have set a target date for a decision for April 30.
The facility would replace an existing concrete basketball court.
The proposal suggests it would be open for use between 9am and 5pm in the week and 8am to 2pm at the weekends.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Eastbourne dad Benjamin Curtis convicted of killing toddler daughter Ocean Elliott
- Looking back: Public protests bear a striking resemblance
- £84,750 in injury claims paid out to East Sussex County Council staff
- i360 viewing tower build starting soon on Brighton seafront
- Sussex climbers who died in Anglesey named as Vaughan Holme and Jack Hutton-Potts