Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Bollards to stop 'inconsiderate' parking in Steyning
9:00am Tuesday 12th March 2013 in News
Bollards are to be installed on a busy road to stop “inconsiderate” parking.
People in Tanyard Lane, Steyning, complained about the high level of parking, claiming it has led to congestion and reduced visibility on the road.
During the the morning and afternoon school run, residents say vehicles are mounting the pavement to pass one another and buses are having to reverse when unable to pass parked cars.
West Sussex County Council’s Chanctonbury Local Committee has agreed to install bollards at “strategic locations” along the road. A traffic order for yellow line restrictions will be withdrawn.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- WITH VIDEO: Lorry stuck under bridge in Hove
- Van drove off after three-car accident
- Police appeal for Eastern European language speakers in recruitment blitz
- Police seek men who ran from hit and run
- Giant life-size statues at sizeable exhibit