Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Bexhill supermarket damaged in scooter ram incident
9:40am Tuesday 12th March 2013 in News
A customer is believed to have crashed his mobility scooter into a Bexhill supermarket.
The window of the Co-op supermarket in Western Road was cracked in the incident.
CCTV footage shows him driving past the shop on a scooter before coming to an abrupt halt, turning and ramming it into the window.
The incident, which happened between 11am and 11.30am on Wednesday, March 6, is being treated as a deliberate act of criminal damage by the police, who are investigating the case.
Staff at the store said the man was believed to be a regular customer who had complained about the store’s Paypoint service earlier in the day.
He has been described as being in his 60s, wearing blue jeans and sunglasses, with white hair and balding.
Sussex Police ask that any witnesses or anyone with information about the incident should call 101.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- David Cameron rejects Caroline Lucas' Page 3 ban call
- Looking Back: Littlehampton fishermen's fight for livelihoods
- New report reveals Brighton seafront is the city's most pressing concern
- Speakers to debate gay marriage proposal
- Jeremy Forrest's 'caring nature' led to his troubles, his sister claims