Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Meeting to save Vernon Terrace elm tree
5:20pm Tuesday 12th March 2013 in News
Tree campaigners will hold a public meeting to try to save a historic elm from the chop.
Brighton and Hove City Council planned to fell the tree in Vernon Terrace as part of a wider plan to revamp the Seven Dials roundabout.
However, after two protesters camped up the tree last week and hundreds of people signed a petition against the move, the local authority granted a temporary reprieve.
Council bosses added they are welcome to hearing any ideas on how to save the tree.
A public meeting will be held at BHASVIC in Dyke Road, Hove, tonight at 7.30pm.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Victim "fabricated" sex assault story - day eleven of Albion players' trial
- Dad-of-two was visiting brother and nephew when he was gunned down in Hove
- UPDATE: A27 closed in both directions near Worthing after serious accident
- Sussex artists put their skills on show
- Sussex's sewage will become drinking water under new plans