Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Clean up call for Benfield Valley
6:20pm Tuesday 12th March 2013 in News
A historic area of countryside is in need of a spring clean, according to campaigners.
The Benfield Valley is an important part of Hove having some of the area’s earliest buildings, including Hangleton Manor.
But ward councillor Brian Fitch claims the Benfield Way path, which runs behind Hangleton Lane and Sainsbury’s in Old Shoreham Road, is full of litter.
He said some of the boards which describe the heritage of the area to visitors have been covered in graffiti.
To spruce up the area, which is popular with wildlife and walkers, Coun Fitch has written to Brighton and Hove City Council’s chief executive Penny Thompson asking for a spring clean.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Sussex hospital gets blood recycling technology
- Sussex hospital boss backs calls for local food
- Sussex MP's bid for civil partnerships for straight couples fails to derail gay marriage bill
- Businessman is still fighting to get Hove ice rink approved
- Top award for Bognor pie shop