Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Sad hamster squeaking in pain after being dumped in Crawley
A sad hamster had to put down after being abandoned.
The rodent, covered in sores, was found dumped in a cage in an underpass in Mullein Walk, Crawley, on Thursday, March 7.
RSPCA inspector Liz Wheeler said: “This poor little thing had infected scabby skin which was causing it great pain and distress as it squeaked when moved.
“It was so cruel to just dump this poor creature like this.”
Anyone with any information on who the hamster belonged to call the RSPCA in confidence on 0300 123 4999.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- David Cameron rejects Caroline Lucas' Page 3 ban call
- Looking Back: Littlehampton fishermen's fight for livelihoods
- New report reveals Brighton seafront is the city's most pressing concern
- Speakers to debate gay marriage proposal
- Jeremy Forrest's 'caring nature' led to his troubles, his sister claims