Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Going for it! Brighton Mini Mile’s 2,000 entries
7:00am Thursday 14th March 2013 in News
A record number of people have signed up for this year’s Brighton Marathon’s races for children.
More than 2,000 entries have now been received for the Iconiq Shlurp! Mini Mile Races, which are due to take place on the morning of the marathon on April 14.
Registrations cracked the 2,000 mark on Monday with two weeks still to go before entries close.
The previous record entry from last year stood at 1,959.
Mini Mile race director Holly Freeman said: “We are delighted with the ever growing interest in the Mini Mile Races and at exceeding 2,000 entries.
“It is very exciting to see just how many young people are becoming enthused about running, sport and keeping fit in general.”
The Mini Mile races start at 8.30am and cover the final mile of the Brighton Marathon course to the finish on Madeira Drive.
Entry for this year’s event closes on March 23 and is open to people between seven and 17.
To sign up, visit www.brightonmarathon.co.uk/minimile.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man killed in Hove street shooting named as Xhem Krasniqi
- Port alert launched as police hunt for gunman in fatal Hove triple shooting
- Update: Priest jailed for ten years after being convicted of abusing children
- Sun makes an appearance for Hove garden festival
- Crawley-based G4S investigated in security tag inquiry