Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Busy box office as Brighton Fringe tickets arrive
5:40pm Thursday 14th March 2013 in News
The Brighton Fringe box office has opened, with tickets selling faster than ever.
Delivery drivers braved the snow on Wednesday (March 13) to deliver more than 100,000 event brochures which are now being distributed throughout the city.
Fringe director Julian Caddy confirmed tickets were up 14% on last year – and up 50% in terms of value.
He said: “This means audiences are snapping up tickets to popular big shows such as La Clique at The Spiegeltent and Bianco at NoFit State Circus on Hove Lawns.”
Comedian Stewart Lee’s intimate gig has already sold out with the likes of Hijack at Jubilee Library, A Feast of Learning at Hendrick’s Carnival of Knowledge and theatre piece This Time Next Year in Varndean School’s car park selling fast.
The event’s North Street box office will be open seven days a week in the run up to and during the Fringe.
The event will run for four weeks for the first time between May 4 and June 2.
Tickets can also be booked by calling 01273 917272 or online at www.brightonfringe.org.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Cyclists flout pavement ban just days after police crackdown on Brighton seafront
- Brighton and Hove City Council urged to let blue badge holders park for free
- Firefighters battle blaze as rubbish piles up on city streets
- Chichester speeders targeted in Sussex Police operation
- Union announces further strike action after negotiation talks crumble