Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Eastbourne robber jailed over violent street robbery
4:25pm Thursday 14th March 2013 in News
A teenager who instigated a violent robbery on a man walking home from a night-out has been jailed.
Richie Foyle, of Ashford Road in Eastbourne, has been sentenced to four years in a young offenders' institution after pleading guilty to robbery in Eastbourne town centre in September.
Foyle approached his 37-year-old victim and demanded his phone and other personal belongings.
When the man tried to stand up to his robber, he fell to the ground and was then kicked and stamped on by Foyle and his friends leaving the victim with severe bruising to the arm, face and ribs and injuries to his neck and face.
- Police warn - do not approach men wanted in connection with Hove shooting murder
- Speakers for key debate on King Alfred confirmed
- Outgoing mayor takes to stage
- Bedroom tax campaigner threatened with eviction
- Slump in the number of Sussex beaches receiving Blue Flag awards