Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton and Hove Buses backs the biosphere bid
9:40am Saturday 16th March 2013 in News
A bid to get world protection for an environment has literally received the backing of this bus.
Public bodies, environmentalists and schools have come together to get Unesco status for the Brighton and Hove and Lewes area.
As part of the campaign “for a world class environment”, Brighton and Hove Bus Company has agreed to include details of it on the back of one of its vehicles.
The scheme is part of a wider consultation to inform the public about the bid and to ask them whether they support it.
For more details, visit www.biospherehere.org.uk.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Political coup to oust Brighton and Hove council leader fails
- Open day at well-being centre in Hove
- Sussex Boat owners urged to carry out safety checks
- Sussex mum of eight guilty of £350,000 benefit fraud
- Plans for rooftop gardens in Brighton and Hove