Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Road blocked for 12 hours following power line crash
2:00pm Sunday 17th March 2013 in News
A road was closed for almost twelve hours after two cars crashed and brought down a power line pole.
A black Seat and a blue Vauxhall Corsa collided with a telegraph pole after crashing on the A272 Lewes Road at Scaynes Hill in two separate incidents at 5.45am on Friday.
Neither of the men driving were injured in the crashes but the road remained closed while the vehicles were recovered.
Engineers from UK Power Networks were called to the scene and initially electricity to almost 250 homes was shut off while the area was made safe.
- Body of young woman found in Westbourne house fire
- Albion admit investigation launched into Palace dressing room incident
- Top comics back late Brighton playwright's theatre dream
- 200-year-old skeleton found by boy on West Wittering beach laid to rest
- Hove TV presenter's plea for daughter's missing degree work