Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Sussex rail passengers facing delays due to "ice on the line"
8:30am Monday 18th March 2013 in News
Icy weather is causing commuters delays of up to 45 minutes.
Disruption began on the railway line between Horsham and Three Bridges at just after 6am this morning.
A spokesman for Network Rail said: “A build up of ice on the 'third rail', where trains get their power from, is preventing trains from running normally because the ice interrupts the power supply.
“Because of this, trains between these stations may be delayed by up to 45 minutes. There is no current estimate for when a normal service will resume.”
He added replacement buses have been requested to run between Horsham and Three Bridges.
Passengers are also being accepted on Metrobus route 100 and London Buses between Redhill and Purley until 9am.
- Albion players cleared of sexually assaulting a 19-year-old woman
- Your say: Are the Greens fit to run Brighton and Hove City Council?
- Brighton and Hove council boss apologises for rubbish problems
- Designs for life - designs students create products for the future
- Still time to join the Ribbonwalk at Petworth House