Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Picture of man killed in train plunge
8:29am Monday 18th March 2013 in News
This is Alex Smith who died after falling from a train.
Mr Smith, 32, of Kings Road, Brighton, was killed after plunging from the doors of a moving Southern train at about 11.45am on Monday.
It is believed that he was struck by a second train after falling from the doors – which Southern said were working properly – between Gatwick and Horley.
British Transport Police officers have launched an investigation into his death, which is not being treated as suspicious and was witnessed by a number of commuters.
A friend of Mr Smith’s, who asked to remain anonymous, yesterday said: “It is sad. I’ve been told that his mother is at the hospital, she couldn’t hold the news.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Your say: Are the Greens fit to run Brighton and Hove City Council?
- Broken down train causes long delays
- Bus driver taking children to Fairlight Primary School "made them cry"
- Sussex students in line for a holiday refund on TV licence
- University of Sussex student blasted over ‘rape natural’ claims