Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Man arrested after jewellery taken from Polegate pensioner's home
9:55am Monday 18th March 2013 in News
A man has been arrested in connection with stealing a ring from an elderly resident.
Sussex Police were called to Eastern Avenue, Polegate, to the home of a woman in her late 80s when she noticed the jewellery was missing.
This was after a man called at the property at about 5pm on Friday and said he was interested in valuable items.
Officers arrested a 27-year old man from Chiddingly, near Horsham, and he has since been released on bail until April 12 while enquiries continue.
The ring has not been recovered.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101.
- Victim "fabricated" sex assault story - day eleven of Albion players' trial
- Dad-of-two was visiting brother and nephew when he was gunned down in Hove
- UPDATE: A27 closed in both directions near Worthing after serious accident
- Sussex artists put their skills on show
- Sussex's sewage will become drinking water under new plans