Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Criminal trapped by a can of Coke in Hove
3:10pm Monday 18th March 2013 in News
A fizzy drink-loving criminal has been jailed after a can of cola linked him to a burglary.
Police launched a search for 27-year-old Eclan Ray after he was spotted acting suspiciously around Hove on February 16.
Officers eventually found him sitting outside the Hilltop Café at Dyke Road with a can of Coke in his pocket.
He claimed that he had bought it from the eatery but officers discovered that he had stolen it from a multipack inside a nearby property’s garage.
Detective Constable Scott Elmer, said: “It doesn't matter what you steal from someone’s house, burglary is taken seriously.
Eclan, from Unity Close, Willesden, London, was jailed for two years and six months.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Political coup to oust Brighton and Hove council leader fails
- Eastbourne father and son councillors set to become Chinese television stars
- Bin backlog in Brighton and Hove 'like living in Victorian era'
- Teens sick of 'uncool' clothes design their own T-shirts - now A-list love them
- Two taken to hospital after wall collapses in Eastbourne