Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Police officer assaulted attempting to arrested suspected Brighton burglars
12:51pm Monday 18th March 2013 in News
An officer was assaulted after chasing suspected burglars.
The officer was left with facial injuries after pursuing three men seen climbing over the fence of a home in Dyke Road Avenue, Brighton at around 10.15pm on Saturday.
Officers followed the men who had jumped into an Audi car to the Withdean Stadium and a 27-year-old man was seen on the roof of the sports hall at the stadium and was arrested.
The other two men are still being sought by police.
Twenty-seven-year-old Daniel Sallis, of Bexhill Road in Brighton, has been charged with burglary, theft, escape from lawful custody and two counts of receiving stolen goods dating back to December 28.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Sussex Police on 101 quoting serial 1521 of 16/3.
- Albion admit investigation launched into Palace dressing room incident
- Burgess Hill post office to close for revamp
- MS sufferer to take on 101 miles along South Downs on a scooter
- Crawley security firm at centre of Government inquiry
- Brighton cinema plans put on hold