Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Firefighters families await compensation battle result
8:40am Wednesday 20th March 2013 in News
The families of two firemen killed in a fireworks blast are waiting to hear whether they have won their battle for compensation.
Geoff Wicker and Brian Wembridge died in an explosion at Marlie Farm, near Lewes, six years ago.
A three week trial of the case against East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service and Martin Winter, the owner of the fireworks firm, began on February 25.
The case has now concluded and the judge is expected to give his judgement in six weeks.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Free health check offered for Crawley residents
- Ex-Albion player due in court on anti-gay charges
- Author Peter James 'lucky to be alive' following 70mph racing crash
- Hove murder: wanted man phones The Argus
- Shoreham Rugby Club holding charity barbecue and fun day