Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Hove man running 20 marathons in a week
8:30pm Wednesday 20th March 2013 in News
A marathon man is at the halfway point of his attempt to break a long-distance running record.
Albion in the Community (AITC) employee Dan Lawson is attempting to run 20 marathons in a week on a treadmill set-up in Jubilee Square, Brighton.
The 39-year-old from Hove has been running non-stop for up to 14 hours a day on the treadmill in his bid to set a new record.
Mr Lawson has been battling through the pain of an ankle injury after it was revealed 200 miles in that the treadmill was at an uneven angle.
The challenge has already raised more than £2,000 for AITC.
To sponsor Mr Lawson visit www.albioninthecommunity.org.uk.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Sussex hospital gets blood recycling technology
- Sussex hospital boss backs calls for local food
- Sussex MP's bid for civil partnerships for straight couples fails to derail gay marriage bill
- Businessman is still fighting to get Hove ice rink approved
- Top award for Bognor pie shop