Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Lewes FC shirts carry Paine quotes
7:00am Thursday 21st March 2013 in News
Lewes Football Club have taken inspiration from political activist Tom Paine by launching a new line of t-shirts.
The three t-shirts on sale feature legendary quotes from Lewes-legend Paine.
Marketing manager Charlie Dobres said the t-shirts embodied the revolutionary way the club are trying to run as a business.
He said: “Tom Paine is a brand in himself and he was strongly associated with the club.
“We’re one of only a handful of clubs in the country 100% owned by the fans and it’s the sort of thing we think Tom stood for.
"If Tom Paine were alive today he’d be standing on the terraces at The Dripping Pan, a pint of Harveys in his hand, enjoying our football revolution.”
The club has teamed up with The Argus to give away three t-shirts.
To be in with the chance of winning email the answer to the following question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In which European country are all top League clubs majority-owned by their supporters?
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Victim "fabricated" sex assault story - day eleven of Albion players' trial
- Dad-of-two was visiting brother and nephew when he was gunned down in Hove
- UPDATE: A27 closed in both directions near Worthing after serious accident
- Sussex's sewage will become drinking water under new plans
- Brighton Half Marathon places are selling in record time